Title: Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Yield: 2 Dozen
1. Heat oven to 325 deg F.
2. In a food processor or blender, process cookies until finely ground.
3. Add butter and mix together completely.
4. Press crumb mixture into bottom of 8x8 baking pan.
5. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Cool to room temperature.
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler over slightly simmering water. Or microwave chocolate, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely melted.
2. Pour half of the chocolate on top of the crust, and smooth evenly.
3. Place crust in the refrigerator, and keep the remaining chocolate warm.
Peanut Butter Filling:
1. In a mixer, blend peanut butter and butter together, until smooth.
2. Slowly beat in powdered sugar, and then add vanilla.
3. Beat until smooth.
4. Spread peanut butter filling over chilled chocolate layer.
5. Finish by pouring remaining chocolate over the peanut butter filling and spreading smooth.
6. Chill for 1 hour, or until firm.
7. Cut into bars and serve.