Title: Quinoa Chowder With Spinach, Feta, and Green Onions
Yield: 4 servings
1. Combine water and quinoa in a dutch oven and bring to a boil.
2. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Drain in sieve over bowl, reservign cooking liquid to measure 6 cups. (Add more water if necessary.)
5. Set quinoa aside.
6. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
7. Add jalepeno and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
8. Stir in potatoes, salt, cumin, and black pepper.
9. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
10. Stir in 6 cups cooking liquid, quinoa, and 1/3 cup green onions. Bring to a boil.
11. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
12. Stir in 1/3 cup green onions and spinach, and cook for 3 more minutes.
13. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and cilantro.