Title: Spicy African Peanut Soup
Yield: 8 servings
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil to medium-high and saute onions, sweet potatoes, and garlic.
2. Stir occasionally until onion is soft (approx. 5 minutes). Add chicken broth, thyme, cumin, and rice.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked and vegetables are tender (approx. 18-20 minutes).
4. Add salsa, beans, and zucchini. Cook until zucchini is tender (approx. 10 minutes).
5. Add peanut butter and stir until completely combined.
Use medium salsa. Not hot. Otherwise it is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hot!!! Trust us. We know. Granted, you may think that hot salsa will give this soup a really good kick, and well, it does. But it's way too much. And this is coming from people who like HOT food. And it was way too much. So don't do it!! It actually ruins the flavor.