Title: Uncle Bob's Beanless Chili
Yield: 6 servings
Rating: 4/5 stars
Source: Bob Zook
1. Saute onion and celery in olive oil until onion is soft.
2. Add garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add beer or red wine to mixture. 1 bottle of beer is usually enough, but use enough wine or beer to cover mixture.
4. Bring to a boil, and cook down (simmer) until approximately half the liquid is absorbed.
5. Add zucchini and squash, and cook for 5 minutes.
6. In a separate pan, cook the meat until browned.
7. Add remaining ingredients (including meat).
8. Add spices to taste. Check on spicyness while cooking and adjust as desired.
9. Simmer for approximately 1 to 2 hours, or until done.
You can use any combination of meat that you wish. We've used chicken Italian sausage/ground turkey, and ground chuck/venison. Also, we tend to use a mixture of several different chili powders, but the generic "Chili Powder" you find in your typical grocery store is fine. Use a good beer. (i.e. not Budweiser, Miller, or Stroh's.) It matters. Really.