Title: Vanilla Krenzil Wreathes
Yield: 3 Dozen
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 deg F.
2. Soften butter and warm eggs by leaving them out at room temperature.
3. Sift together 1 cup sugar and 2 cups flour.
4. Cut in 1 cup butter and add 3 egg yolks and 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix well with hands and chill for 1/2 hour.
5. Roll out on floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
6. Cut out cookies with a 3" round cookie cutter. (Hint: Use a small glass or can.) Cut out the center of every other cookie with a 1/2" diameter round cookie cutter. (Hint: Use a thimble or the cap from the vanilla.)
7. Top the cookies with the centers cut out with beaten egg whites (beaten, not too dry), then sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
8. Place all cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake at 375 deg F for 8-10 minutes.
9. Once the cookies have cooled, spread the plain ones with jelly, and put together with the previously topped cookies to make a sandwich.