Here is the first recipe that can be used with the multi-purpose meatballs from earlier.
Thanks to the main protein being already done, this becomes a very quick weeknight dinner. Just add some refried beans, pico de gallo, and your standard taco toppings, and you’ve got a nice healthy dinner that everyone is sure to love.
Chipotle Meatball Burritos
- 12 meatballs
- 1 jar chipotle salsa
- 1 cup refried beans
- 8 oz ready to serve whole grain brown rice
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 6 oz Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce shredded or chopped
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the meatballs, 1/2 cup of chipotle salsa, and 1/4 cup of water. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce heat. Let the liquid simmer until it begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Warm the refried beans on the stove or in the microwave.
- Warm the rice per the package directions.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Load up each tortilla with beans, rice, cheese, and the other toppings, finishing up with 3 meatballs with sauce in each. If desired toss in some more salsa or hot sauce.
- Roll up the tortillas and serve.
For something a bit healthier, skip the tortilla and serve this in a bowl.